Join us for the 2024 Morro Bay Bird Festival!
Morro Bay is a world-renowned destination for birding, and the Bird Festival is the perfect opportunity to experience all that this beautiful area has to offer. With over 160 events to choose from, there's something for everyone at the festival.
Here's just a sample of what you can do at the festival:
- Go on guided birding walks and tours
- Attend presentations by expert birders
- Take part in workshops on bird identification, photography, and conservation
- Visit the festival's exhibit hall and learn about local birding organizations
- Enjoy a variety of social events and activities
The Morro Bay Bird Festival is a great way to learn more about birds, connect with other birders, and enjoy the beauty of the Central Coast.
Last year our Festival Keynote, David Allen Sibley, taught us “What it’s Like to be a Bird”. This year, Jennifer Ackerman, our Festival Author, will share “What an Owl Knows”.
John Muir Laws, our Festival Artist, will provide insight and instruction on Nature Journaling and Sketching. Jon Dunn of National Geographic “Birds of North America” fame will be our Special Guest Leader. Joining the festival will be over 200 species of birds and a hundred or so of the best birding leaders in California. And this year we have extended the Festival over 5 days providing more opportunities to attend our exciting programs and trips.